Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Just when you think you have it all figured out...

You know you are completely deceiving yourself when you think you have others already figured out. I came to camp this year with the expectation that past opportunities like working in the snack shack, life guarding or working the zip line and climbing wall would be my go-to ice breakers for conversations. God shattered the same old expectations and gave me new and exciting outlets to talk with campers and counselors this year. For example, I have been playing volleyball with a bunch of ten year old girls. Well, it's more like watch the tall funny guy fall in the sand court every time he goes for the ball, but it is here that I have met two campers Ulia and Agata. Both girls attend the language school in Tomasczow. They both love the Lord and love coming to camp every summer. I have also found myself eating with the Northern Irish team at lunch. They have a few on their team who are not believers, but they are seeing that there are Christians out there that back up their talk with a we bit of action. They love saying a "we bit" whenever they can. As for my time with the camp counselors, we are not sitting around drinking coffee or tea and discussing Godly things. No, we are working out every morning this week to something called P90X Insanity. Its more of a time to see who can outlast whom in these workouts, but great conversations have developed from our time together during these mornings. Thank you, God, for keeping my time at camp fresh and new. I have also been leading morning devotionals this week. I discussed living intentionally in the moment with our campers by reading the story of Jesus at the well with the Samaritan woman. Would you please join me in prayer for our campers tonight? Tonight is the invitation for the campers to make a decision to accept Jesus Christ as their personal Savior. Would you pray for open hearts and limited distractions for the campers as Rafal gives the message tonight. (Update: Rafal was called away - now I'll be giving the message!)  Thanks again for your support and encouragement.

6 comments:

  1. Awesome! Praying many decisions are made for Christ!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Larry I think it might be "wee bit" if my memory from my time in Ireland serves me correctly. Actually it might even be "whee bit" the probably don't spell it that way, but they sneak an "H" in there, listen for it. We are praying for your and so thankful for what God is doing through you during your time in Poland. Blessings bro! - Steve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you Larry. Thank you for the updates! - Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Larry Boy! We are praying for you right now as you prepare to speak! I trust that the Lord will use your humble and willing heart to communicate the greatest news those kids will ever hear...the Gospel! Please let us know how it went! Blessings and big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Larry!!! That talk on love sounds a but familiar ;) thinking about you! I hope you are surviving the p90x! I hear that is brutal! Praying for you friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praying for your time in Poland. Enjoy reading your updates! -Steph

    ReplyDelete