Monday, July 9, 2012

Love Talk


Yesterday (Monday night), I spoke in the evening meeting on the subject of God's love. Since most of us associate love with family, I started by introducing my family to the campers with a picture of Chrissy, me and the boys. I then talked about how God's love for us is greater than the love we have for our family. I used Romans 5:8 to illustrate God's love for us even as we continue to sin. I showed a picture of David as a messy eater to illustrate this point. I then used Titus 3:4-5 to illustrate that God's love for us is a gift - not something to be earned because of good deeds that we do. I showed a picture of Jonathan eating his foot.

Yes, I know that it's not a righteous thing to eat one's foot, but the campers loved it. I then discussed how we are all fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139), and then ended with John 3:16. It is my hope and prayer that the campers are open to the gospel and see their worth and that they are loved by God. Would you please join me in this prayer for the campers? They will get the invitation to make Jesus Christ their Savior this Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great talk, Larry! I especially like the picture examples, of course. I'm praying for the campers & the invitation night.
    beth

    ReplyDelete