Thursday, July 19, 2012

Home Again

First, I would like to thank everyone who prayed for this trip. I know that God worked through your prayers and that much was, and still is, being accomplished through them. God is faithful to hear our prayers. I would like to briefly go down my original list of prayer requests and give you updates on how your prayers were answered this summer.
  • "Pray for financial support." 
    • God is faithful. Through you, He provided all of the funds necessary for the trip.  
  • "Pray for continued healing for my knee and against other spiritual attacks as the trip gets closer."
    • My knee was free from problems during the trip! As a matter of fact, I exercised with some of the PROeM staff throughout my time there. 
  • "Pray that God would fulfill His purposes in this trip and that my thoughts, attitudes and actions would demonstrate His glory."
    • I had a great time working and playing along side the PROeM staff and campers. By giving the morning devotionals and speaking to the campers in the evening meetings, I felt humbled by the opportunity and gracious that God would use me in such ways. Again it was a really BIG responsibility to give the invitation talk to the campers on Wednesday night - a responsibility that I am honored to have experienced. Several campers came forward to address questions about having a relationship with Jesus Christ.  
  • "Pray that God would work mightily through PROeM ministries this summer."
    • PROeM ministries is in a constant state of growth. Their preschool/elementary school, which is a ministry to the local community, has grown exponentially and now has a waiting list. All of the PROeM camps for this summer are sold out and there are great activities like a zip-line, climbing wall and the river to give the campers an authentic camping experience.  All that, on top of the fact that kids are learning about Jesus in meaningful ways, and turning from the god of tradition to the God of the Bible.
  • "Pray for my relationships with the missionaries in Poland, and for my role as an effective representative of Cornerstone Church."
    • I had some great discussions with Rafal, a PROeM missionary whom Cornerstone supports. He expressed great appreciation for the Cornerstone Camarillo community group's commitment to his family and the mission in Tomoszow and Lodz. I also had some great discussions with Daniel, the camp director, on the subject of PROeM's projects.  
     
     Thanks again for all your support and prayers for this year's trip to Poland. May God bless you as you continue to serve him.

1 comment:

  1. Cooool. God answers prayer. Welcome home, Larry.

    ReplyDelete