Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Sharp right hand turn

First of all, I want to thank everyone for praying for the Gospel presentation to the campers last night (Wednesday). I really appreciate all the comments and emails of encouragement. So here are the details. Yesterday (Wednesday) around 1pm, Robert informed me that Rafal could not make it back in time to give the message and so he asked if I would be willing to do this. My first thought was "absolutely not!" This is a "sacred cow." I have only witnessed Polish leaders give this talk in the past. I didn't want to mess this up or appear as the obnoxious American that demanded this honor. After some counsel from Stephanie (an American missionary here) and other Polish leaders, and with much humility, I prepared a talk. The message was on the Prodigal son, how our Father in Heaven desires for our return.  He desires humility and confession: "Father I have sinned against you and heaven". (Luke15:18)  He practices grace (Luke 15:22-24). Toward the end of the talk I started to recite John 3:16 but quickly remembered that this was one of the memory verses for the campers, so I asked them to recite it together. It was amazing to hear God's words flow from so many little ones. I ended with a prayer of confession and acceptance of Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, then invited campers to meet their counselors up front if they prayed this prayer. Many of the campers came forward. Praise God. All honor and glory is his.

No comments:

Post a Comment