Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A Return to Camp

So I made it. Thank you to all who prayed for my travels. Of course the flight was okay, but I missed my family every time I heard an infant cry or a young child get fussy on the plane. Crazy, I know.  Well I'm here and camp life is as I remember it: Mosquitoes, humidity and the mysterious odor from the back of the lodge. It's all here. I met up with the staff last night. My friend Robert will be the director for the next two weeks. Both weeks are "mixer activities" (sports, arts and craft) for elementary age children. He asked that I take a more behind-the-scenes role this week. I'll help out with the climbing wall and the zip line while getting to know the campers. Next week I will be more "present," as Robert put it. Last night (Wednesday) was the invitation night for campers. Praise God, 22 little campers came forward to give their lives to Christ. In previous years, PROeM made Thursday night the "invitation" opportunity. When I asked why they changed it, I learned that they just wanted more time with the campers that did make decisions, to discuss what it means to follow Christ. Please pray that these 22 campers would forge genuine relationships with their counselors and fellow believers so that when they return home they can continue a genuine relationship with Jesus. Thank you and please stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Sweet!! Glad you made it, got to be there for the invitation, etc. etc.

    No comment on WHO might be the source of that mysterious odor from the back of the lodge.

    ReplyDelete